Young Creatives Writing Competition 2021 (Global) by The Inked Perceptions

Young Creatives Writing Competition 2021 (Global) by The Inked Perceptions The Inked Perceptions is an India based global forum of writers who aim to spread hope, positivity and love among people using the creative tools of expression.  Young Creatives is a writing program where creative people meet and collaborate to spark change with their extraordinary talent and alive passion. We are inviting people from diverse backgrounds and cultures to join our forum, together as one. People who are a keynote speaker, author, philosopher, traveller, artist, musician, poet, activist, entrepreneur, NGO head are encouraged to join and get featured in the list of 'Young Creatives 2021'. As a part of the program, you need to write an original essay on the creative theme of your choice: Philosophical, Spiritual, Political or others with words between 1000-1500 and submit that in the application form with your details as asked in the form.

My Beacon of Light | The Inked Perceptions

Some people are a beacon of light, no matter where they are or who they become. They outstretch their shoulders to strengthen and support us so we can rise. They lay out a legacy carpet for us to walk on. They take the brick and share the cake.

I wonder what it is about you that you shine like glitter every time they try to dissolve you. I wonder what it is about you that every time they question your capacity to love, you expand a bit more instead of shrinking. I wonder what it is about you that you respond with your definition every time they call you names. 

I wonder what it is about you that the harshness of the world hasn't been able to harm you; the complexities haven't been able to overpower your calm; the pain hasn't perturbed your being; their scarcity hasn't diminished your abundance. I wonder what it is about you that makes you win over their insecurities. I wonder what it is about you that you bloom, despite it all. I wonder. I wonder. I wonder.

And she is not a flower. Swaying with the wind, caressed by the gentle touches of a fragrance that emerges out of a transitory inheritance. She is instead a forest. Wild with its own chase, of all the possibilities it holds within. Carved by the depth of its existence and in awe of its own legacy.

You seem all flesh and bones from the outside, but I am convinced that you are made of silent prayers, rare gift wraps, bear hugs and twenty-four-carat love! I am constantly amazed by your ability to hold space for everyone, see life in full color, and find a reason to make the best of this imperfect world. You are my rock, my river and my tree. Happiest birthday, my love, your aura keeps my inner world warm.

Broken bones, mighty heart! There is a quality in people who are here to stay. They don't hand out excuses on street corners and do not blame you for being a slow learner. They show up on good days and definitely make it a point to show up on bad ones too. They can call in sick but don't. Instead, they give 110 percent of themselves when they possibly cannot. And by 'they', I mean you.

Comments